The Lake District News and Events
Planning your The Lake District trip? Whether you’re looking for things to do in The Lake District such as events and attractions, to make your The Lake District visit run smoothly or are planning where to stay in The Lake District, you’ll find everything you need for your The Lake District holiday on Whats On in The Lake District.com. Our What’s On The Lake District guide has the latest events not to miss while you visit The Lake District – there’s always something going on, so don’t miss out on the latest exhibitions, shows and more on your trip to The Lake District by checking out our News and Events Calendar page.
See what's On in The Lake District. The events calendar is always packed with arts festivals, live music, exhibitions, blockbuster theatre shows, sport and activities for family and kids.
Whats on in The Lake District Local News
William MacDowell denies all charges against him Lancs Live – Cumbria …
Stainton Kendal A65 crash eyewitness and family tributes The Westmorland Gazette | News …
The Whinfell Forest holiday park near Penrith will close on September 19 Lancs Live – Cumbria …
Dr Prakesh Jain will stand trial at Preston Crown Court Lancs Live – Cumbria …
LONG delays are expected due to heavy queuing on M6 soundbound. The Westmorland Gazette | News …
A MUCH-LOVED father and son who drowned during a fishing trip have been remembered 20 years on since their tragic deaths. The Westmorland Gazette | News …
Motorists told to avoid the area around Hardwicke Circus following a collision between two vehicles Lancs Live – Cumbria …
The Lake District is one of the most beautiful regions in the British Isles. It’s just what you’d expect England to look…
« Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next »
The Westmorland Gazette | News
- Royal Mint launches collectable coins for Rolling Stones anniversaryon December 4, 2022 at 10:00 am
The Rolling Stone design is the fifth to be released after Queen, Sir Elton John, David Bowie, and the Who
- More than half of Avanti and Northern trains were delayedon December 4, 2022 at 8:00 am
Less than half Avanti West Coast, Northern and TransPennine Express services arrived on time between October 16 and November 12 this year according to the Office of Rail and Road (ORR).
- Faith Viewpoint: South Lakes Interfaith Forum reflects on holy weekon December 4, 2022 at 6:00 am
HERE is the weekly Faith Viewpoint provided by Liz Falkingham of South Lakes Interfaith Forum.
- Kendal flood defence works stop for winter - Environment Agencyon December 4, 2022 at 6:00 am
THE Environment Agency has issued an explanation to residents of Kendal as to why aspects of the ongoing flood works along the River Kent have stopped.
- Man accused of assaulting police officer and two men in Ulverstonon December 4, 2022 at 6:00 am
A MAN is due to appear in court accused of assaulting a police officer and two other men.
- Five of the best Lake District pubs with a roaring fire perfect for relaxing after a chilly winter walkby firstname.lastname@example.org (Denise Evans) on December 4, 2022 at 9:59 am
Get warm and cosy down at the pub this winter
- Carlisle robber James Broughton jailed for threatening takeaway delivery driver with knife and spitting in police officer's faceby email@example.com (Jon Macpherson) on December 2, 2022 at 12:31 pm
"This was a pre-planned robbery by Broughton who ordered the takeaway to then confront the delivery driver"
- Cumbria coal mine decision on the horizon as campaigners hold their breathby firstname.lastname@example.org (Jamie Lopez) on December 1, 2022 at 4:58 pm
An answer on the controversial plan has been put back three times
- Lake District's most TikTok-famous locations for a magical Christmas break viewed a whopping 300m timesby email@example.com (Denise Evans) on December 1, 2022 at 4:45 pm
The sheer volume of videos shot in and around the Lake District is overwhelming - and it's easy to see why
- Joules shuts 19 shops and axes 133 jobs as Cumbria's six stores avoid closureby firstname.lastname@example.org (Jamie Lopez) on December 1, 2022 at 3:39 pm
The troubled brand has been bought out by Next and founder Tom Joule